We thank Thompson Financial for providing us with the data used in this study. We recognize the financial support of the University of Washington Accounting Development Fund and Professor Matsumoto recognizes the support of the Lane Daley Faculty Fellowship. We appreciate comments received from Abbie Smith (Editor), an anonymous reviewer, Helen Adams, Robert Bowen, Larry Brown, Qiang Cheng, Michael Clement, Mark DeFond, Frank Hodge, Jane Kennedy, Shiva Rajgopal, Terry Shevlin, and workshop participants at the University of Washington, the University of British Columbia, UT Austin, participants of the 2004 FARS midyear conference, and the 2004 Minnesota Empirical Accounting Conference.
Favorable versus Unfavorable Recommendations: The Impact on Analyst Access to Management-Provided Information
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2006
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 657–689, September 2006
How to Cite
CHEN, S. and MATSUMOTO, D. A. (2006), Favorable versus Unfavorable Recommendations: The Impact on Analyst Access to Management-Provided Information. Journal of Accounting Research, 44: 657–689. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2006.00217.x
- Issue published online: 28 JUN 2006
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2006
- Received 5 January 2005; accepted 16 January 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!