We thank Teresa Dau, Arantza Urra, and especially, Inma Urra for excellent research assistance. We also thank Ray Ball (the editor), Sudipta Basu, Larry Brown, Marty Butler, Francesca Cornelli, Miles Gietzmann, Wayne Guay, Connie Kertz, Michael Kimbrough, Grace Pownall, Henri Servaes, Theodore Sougiannis, Greg Waymire, an anonymous referee, and the seminar participants at Emory University, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, IESE, Instituto de Empresa, London Business School, London School of Economics, Singapore Management University, Texas A&M University, Tulane University, Universidad Carlos III, The University of Arizona, The University of Texas at Dallas, The 2006 University of Minnesota Empirical Accounting Conference, the 5th Accounting Symposium at London Business School, the 16th Annual Conference on Financial Economics and Accounting at the University of North Carolina, and the 29th Annual Congress of the European Accounting Association in Dublin for their helpful comments. We thank the Research and Materials Development Funds at London Business School for financial support.
What Makes a Stock Risky? Evidence from Sell-Side Analysts' Risk Ratings
Article first published online: 16 MAR 2007
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 629–665, June 2007
How to Cite
LUI, D., MARKOV, S. and TAMAYO, A. (2007), What Makes a Stock Risky? Evidence from Sell-Side Analysts' Risk Ratings. Journal of Accounting Research, 45: 629–665. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2007.00242.x
- Issue published online: 16 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 16 MAR 2007
- Received 31 March 2005; accepted 17 November 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!