The comments of Ashiq Ali, Robert Battalio, Sung Chung, Somnath Das, Gus DeFranco, Ryan Lafond, John Lyon, Hai Lu, Paul Healy, Steve Monahan, Rick Mendenhall, John O'Hanlon, Krishna Palepu, Gord Richardson, Scott Richardson, Steven Rock, Brian Rountree, Cathy Schrand, Margaret Shackell-Dowel, Pervin Shroff, Philip Stocken, Phil Shane, Tom Stober, Rex Thompson, Samir Trabelsi, Jenny Tucker, Arnt Verriest, Kent Womack, Jun Xia, Tzachi Zach, Paul Zarowin, and workshop participants at the 2006 American Accounting Association annual meeting, 2006 Conference on Finance, Economics, and Accounting, 2006 London Business School Accounting Symposium, 2006 Lone Star Accounting Research Conference, Brock University, Dartmouth College, Drexel University, Harvard University, Lancaster University, New York University, Pennsylvania State University, Southern Methodist University, Tilburg University, the University of Colorado, the University of Illinois, the University of Melbourne, the University of Minnesota, the University of Notre Dame, and the University of Toronto are greatly appreciated. The paper reflects many long conversations with Mark Zmijewski. We thank Lorie Marsh for her assistance with the preparation of this paper.
Effect of Analysts' Optimism on Estimates of the Expected Rate of Return Implied by Earnings Forecasts
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2007
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 45, Issue 5, pages 983–1015, December 2007
How to Cite
EASTON, P. D. and SOMMERS, G. A. (2007), Effect of Analysts' Optimism on Estimates of the Expected Rate of Return Implied by Earnings Forecasts. Journal of Accounting Research, 45: 983–1015. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2007.00257.x
- Issue published online: 26 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2007
- Received 15 August 2006; accepted 9 May 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!