I wish to thank an anonymous reviewer, Anil Arya, Tim Baldenius, Anne Beatty, Harry Evans, Ralf Ewert, John Fellingham, Esther Gal-Or, Jon Glover, Bjorn Jorgensen, Christian Laux, Helmut Laux, Christian Leuz, Pierre Liang, Nandu Nagarajan, Paul Newman, Douglas Schroeder, Richard Young, seminar participants at Carnegie Mellon University, City University of New York (Baruch), INSEAD, Ohio State University, Pittsburgh University, Tilburg University, UCLA, University of British Columbia, University of Texas at Austin, and conference participants at the Accounting Research Workshop at the University of Bern, the 2006 Association of German Business Professors Annual Meeting, and the 2005 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting for their helpful comments.
Board Independence and CEO Turnover
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2008
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 137–171, March 2008
How to Cite
LAUX, V. (2008), Board Independence and CEO Turnover. Journal of Accounting Research, 46: 137–171. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2008.00269.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2008
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2008
- Received 14 December 2006; accepted 7 July 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!