We thank Brad Badertscher, Ray Ball, Miao Bin, Jeff Burks, Donal Byard, Vincent Chen, Carol Dee, Rosemary Fullerton, Alon Kalay, Christian Leuz, Carol Marquardt, Fred Mittelstaedt, Mike Morris, Joe Piotroski, Rachna Prakash, Ram Ramanan, Arnt Verriest, students in Ray Ball's Accounting Ph.D. class at the University of Chicago, workshop participants at the 2009 CARE conference, Baruch College, College of William and Mary, DePaul University, Katholieke Universitiet Leuven, Loyola University of Chicago, National University of Singapore, University of Notre Dame, Utah State University, and the Ball and Brown tribute conference, University of New South Wales for helpful comments on an earlier draft of this paper, and students in the 2007 Limperg Institute “Advanced Capital Markets” class organized by Jan Bouwens at Tilburg University for helpful discussions during the early stages of this work.
Earnings Management? Erroneous Inferences Based on Earnings Frequency Distributions
Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2009
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2009
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 47, Issue 5, pages 1249–1281, December 2009
How to Cite
DURTSCHI, C. and EASTON, P. (2009), Earnings Management? Erroneous Inferences Based on Earnings Frequency Distributions. Journal of Accounting Research, 47: 1249–1281. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2009.00347.x
- Issue online: 12 OCT 2009
- Version of Record online: 17 JUL 2009
- Received 21 October 2008; accepted 21 June 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!