An earlier version of the paper was presented at 2008 American Accounting Association Annual meeting. We thank the participants for valuable comments. We also thank Merle Erickson (editor), an anonymous referee, Shen Jianfeng, Rick Johnston, Inmoo Lee, Mian Mujtaba, He Wen, Jenny Wenjun Zhang, and other seminar participants at the National University of Singapore for their valuable comments. We gratefully acknowledge the contribution of Thomson Financial for providing earnings per share and earnings forecast data, available through the Institutional Brokers Estimate System (I/B/E/S). These data are provided as part of a broad program to encourage academic research.
Does the Stock Market See a Zero or Small Positive Earnings Surprise as a Red Flag?
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2009
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2009
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 91–121, March 2010
How to Cite
KEUNG, E., LIN, Z.-X. and SHIH, M. (2010), Does the Stock Market See a Zero or Small Positive Earnings Surprise as a Red Flag?. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 91–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2009.00354.x
- Issue published online: 15 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2009
- Received 16 September 2007; accepted 8 July 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!