We thank Mariette Hooplot, Sjalina Meewisse, and Joost Somers for their valuable research assistance. We gratefully acknowledge the comments from Christof Beuselinck, Jan Bouwens, Holger Daske, Ron Dye, Mirko Heinle, Markus Hitz, Frank Hodge, Christian Hofmann, Philip Joos, Dawn Matsumoto, Shivaram Rajgopal, Richard Sansing, Terry Shevlin, Jeroen Suijs, Laurence van Lent, Mohan Venkatachalam (discussant), and workshop participants at University of Mannheim, the AAA 2009 Financial Accounting and Reporting Section (FARS) Midyear Meeting in New Orleans, Tilburg University, and University of Washington. Special thanks go to Abbie Smith (the editor) and Russell Lundholm (the referee) for their suggestions to improve the paper. The authors thank Penelope Cray for her editorial assistance. Part of this research was completed while the first author was visiting the Sloan School of Management, MIT.
Does Silence Speak? An Empirical Analysis of Disclosure Choices During Conference Calls
Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2010
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 3, pages 531–563, June 2010
How to Cite
HOLLANDER, S., PRONK, M. and ROELOFSEN, E. (2010), Does Silence Speak? An Empirical Analysis of Disclosure Choices During Conference Calls. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 531–563. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00365.x
- Issue online: 9 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 25 JAN 2010
- Received 23 March 2009; accepted 31 December 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!