This research remained on-going while Susan D. Krische was an Academic Fellow at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. As a matter of policy, the Commission disclaims responsibility for any private publications or statements by any of its employees or contractors. The views expressed are those of the authors, and do not necessarily represent the views of the Commission or its staff. We appreciate the valuable research assistance of Yoon Ju Kang, Seth Muriset, and Paula Sanders. For helpful comments and suggestions, we thank Raghu Venugopalan, as well as Khaled Abdou, Rob Bloomfield, Jennifer Brown, Rajib Doogar, Jeff Hales, Max Hewitt, Kathryn Kadous, Chandra Kanodia, Wei Li, Laureen Maines, Melissa Martin, Molly Mercer, Derek Oler, Jamie Pratt, Haresh Sapra, Steve Smith, Bill Tayler, Jane Thayer, Greg Waymire, workshop participants at American University, Arizona State University, Emory University, George Washington University, Indiana University, University of Maryland, and University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, and the conference participants and anonymous reviewers for the 2009 AAA Annual and Financial Accounting and Reporting Section Meetings and the 2009 Journal of Accounting Research Conference. We thank the individual financial analysts and portfolio managers who generously donated their time and effort by participating in this research. We also thank Eric Hirst and Pat Hopkins for sharing experimental materials.
Expected Mispricing: The Joint Influence of Accounting Transparency and Investor Base
Article first published online: 27 JAN 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2010
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 2, pages 343–381, May 2010
How to Cite
ELLIOTT, W. B., KRISCHE, S. D. and PEECHER, M. E. (2010), Expected Mispricing: The Joint Influence of Accounting Transparency and Investor Base. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 343–381. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00370.x
- Issue published online: 16 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 27 JAN 2010
- Received 5 January 2009; accepted 4 November 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!