I would like to thank Phil Berger, Dave Burgstahler, John Core, Ilia Dichev, Weili Ge, Leslie Hodder, Jack Hughes, Raffi Indjejikian, Mark Lang, Dave Larcker, Charles Lee, Roby Lehavy, Russell Lundholm, Dawn Matsumoto, Brian P. Miller, Venky Nagar, Marlene Plumlee, Grace Powell, Jonathan Rogers, Haresh Sapra, Cathy Shakespeare, Terry Shevlin, Doug Skinner, Abbie Smith, K. R. Subramanyam, Brett Trueman, Jenny Tucker, Regina Wittenberg Moerman, Sarah Zechman, the participants of the 2008 University of Michigan Traverse City Conference, the 2008 North American Summer Meeting of the Econometric Society, the 2009 FARS mid-year conference, the New York University 2009 Summer Camp, and the Deutsche Bank Asset Management seminar, and the workshop participants at Chicago, Notre Dame, University of Washington, UCLA, Indiana, Florida, Emory, and Stanford for their helpful comments and Julie Miller for her editorial help. Special thanks go to Merle Erickson (the editor) and an anonymous reviewer. I also thank Mike Chen, Qian Fang, Qian Li, Chris Liong, Doris Lu, Amy McMahon, Bharat Modi, Qimin Ni, Darin Styles, Kathy Wang, Tina Wei, Sarah Xia, Quan Yuan, and especially Rencheng Wang and Winnie Wei for their excellent research assistance and Ernst, and Young Faculty Development Fund and the Harry Jones Endowment for Earnings Quality at the University of Michigan for financial support.
The Information Content of Forward-Looking Statements in Corporate Filings—A Naïve Bayesian Machine Learning Approach
Article first published online: 16 AUG 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2010
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1049–1102, December 2010
How to Cite
LI, F. (2010), The Information Content of Forward-Looking Statements in Corporate Filings—A Naïve Bayesian Machine Learning Approach. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 1049–1102. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00382.x
- Issue published online: 13 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 16 AUG 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 13 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Received 14 January 2009; accepted 8 June 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!