We have benefited from the comments of Ray Ball, Ryan Ball, Philip Berger, Douglas Diamond, Andrei Kovrijnykh, Jeff Ng, Jeffrey Russell, Robert Sanchez, Doug Skinner, Dan Susik, Chris Williams, Gregory Udell (Discussant) and participants at the 45th Conference on Bank Structure and Competition, Emanual Zur (Discussant) and the participants at the 8th London Business School Accounting Symposium, and seminar participants at Boston University, Southern Methodist University, the University of Chicago, the University of Houston, the University of Michigan, the University of Technology at Sydney, and the University of Toronto. We are grateful to Marty Butler, Arthur Kraft, and Ira Weiss for sharing their program for computing intraperiod timeliness. We thank Eugene Soltes for media data, Greg Nini, David Smith, and Amir Sufi for covenant violations data and the Loan Pricing Corporation for loan data. We thank Fei Chen and Eugene Soltes for their excellent research assistance. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Kenan-Flagler Business School; the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; the University of Chicago Booth School of Business; and the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Part of the work on this article was completed while Regina Wittenberg-Moerman was on the faculty at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
Price Discovery and Dissemination of Private Information by Loan Syndicate Participants
Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2010
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 921–972, December 2010
How to Cite
BUSHMAN, R. M., SMITH, A. J. and WITTENBERG-MOERMAN, R. (2010), Price Discovery and Dissemination of Private Information by Loan Syndicate Participants. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 921–972. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00384.x
- Issue published online: 19 JUL 2010
- Article first published online: 19 AUG 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 JUL 2010 12:00AM EST
- Received 3 July 2009; accepted 6 June 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!