This paper is based on my dissertation at University of Chicago. I am grateful to my committee members, Ray Ball (chair), Christian Leuz, Haresh Sapra, and Douglas Skinner, for their encouragement and guidance. I thank the editor, an anonymous referee, Joy Begley, Philip Berger, Feng Gao, Pingyang Gao, Yu Gao, Cristi Gleason (the discussant), Andrei Kovrijnykh, Pepa Kraft, Lakshmanan Shivakumar, Leonard Soffer, Amir Sufi, Irem Tuna, Zheng Wang, Regina Wittenberg-Moerman, Jerold Zimmerman, and participants of the 2010 FARS meeting and the accounting workshops at CEIBS, Chicago, CMU, Emory, Georgetown, Houston, LBS, NYU, Purdue, Rochester, SMU, Toronto, and UBC for helpful suggestions and comments. I am thankful to Greg Nini, David Smith, and Amir Sufi for providing the contract data. I acknowledge able research assistance by Xin Li. I thank the University of Chicago Booth School of Business and the London Business School RAMD Fund for financial support. All errors are my own.
Negotiated Measurement Rules in Debt Contracts
Article first published online: 23 SEP 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2010
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 48, Issue 5, pages 1103–1144, December 2010
How to Cite
LI, N. (2010), Negotiated Measurement Rules in Debt Contracts. Journal of Accounting Research, 48: 1103–1144. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00386.x
- Issue published online: 11 OCT 2010
- Article first published online: 23 SEP 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 AUG 2010 12:00AM EST
- Received 23 December 2009; accepted 15 July 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!