We gratefully acknowledge the comments of Ray Ball (editor), Itzhak Ben-David, Sanjeev Bhojraj, Christine Botosan (2009 AAA discussant), Brian Bushee, Wayne Guay, Kewei Hou, Rick Lambert, Christian Leuz, Heather Tookes, an anonymous referee, and seminar participants at the 2009 American Accounting Association meetings, Cornell University, The Ohio State University, the Wharton School, and Yale University. We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Sloan School of Management and of the Wharton School. Christopher Armstrong is grateful for financial support from the Dorinda and Mark Winkelman Distinguished Scholar Award. Daniel Taylor also gratefully acknowledges funding from the Deloitte Foundation. We thank Rahul Vashishtha and Yuxing Yan for programming assistance.
When Does Information Asymmetry Affect the Cost of Capital?
Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2010
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 1, pages 1–40, March 2011
How to Cite
ARMSTRONG, C. S., CORE, J. E., TAYLOR, D. J. and VERRECCHIA, R. E. (2011), When Does Information Asymmetry Affect the Cost of Capital?. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 1–40. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2010.00391.x
- Issue online: 18 JAN 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 DEC 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 29 OCT 2010 06:23AM EST
- Received 25 February 2009; accepted 20 September 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!