This paper is based on my dissertation at the University of Toronto. I thank the members of my dissertation committee: Jeffrey Callen (Co-chair), Gordon Richardson (Co-chair), Alan White, and Franco Wong. I also thank James Wahlen (the external examiner) and Douglas Skinner (the Editor). I am grateful to Gauri Bhat, Francesco Bova, Vincent Chen, Aiyesha Dey, Gus De Franco, Ole-Kristian Hope, Bin Ke, Mo Khan, Mark Kohlbeck, Stephannie Larocque, Alastair Lawrence, Hai Lu, Matt Lyle, Hamed Mahmudi, Miguel Minutti, Reynolde Pereira, Stephen Ryan, Jack Stecher, Florin Vasvari, Regina Wittenberg-Moerman, Baohua Xin, Jerry Zimmerman, and workshop participants at the University of British Columbia, Carnegie Mellon University, University of Chicago, Columbia University, University of Florida, London Business School, University of Missouri, University of Minnesota, Purdue University, Penn State University, McGill University, McMaster University, University of Rochester, Southern Methodist University, Temple University, University of Toronto, Washington University, University of Western Ontario, the Financial Accounting and Reporting Section meeting (2010), and the Canadian Academic Accounting Association meeting (2010) for their helpful suggestions.
The Timeliness of Accounting Write-Downs by U.S. Financial Institutions During the Financial Crisis of 2007–2008
Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2011
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 3, pages 823–860, June 2011
How to Cite
VYAS, D. (2011), The Timeliness of Accounting Write-Downs by U.S. Financial Institutions During the Financial Crisis of 2007–2008. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 823–860. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2011.00410.x
- Issue online: 3 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 7 MAR 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 1 FEB 2011 06:14AM EST
- Received 22 December 2009; accepted 06 December 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!