This paper is based on my dissertation at Arizona State University. I am grateful to my dissertation committee members John H. Evans, Michael Mikhail, and Yuhchang Hwang (chair) for their invaluable guidance and support. I also thank seminar participants at the 2009 American Accounting Association Management Accounting Conference, Arizona State University, Harvard University, Northwestern University, University of Chicago, University of Houston, University of Southern California, University of Utah, and University of Washington. Special thanks are due to Ray Ball, Sarah Bonner, Mark DeFond, Mingyi Hung, Christian Leuz, David Maber, Kevin Murphy, Venky Nagar, Jim Ohlson, Mina Pizzini, Tatiana Sandino, Douglas Skinner (the editor), Abbie Smith, K. R. Subramanyam, John Walsh, and two anonymous referees.
Do Firms Use Time-Vested Stock-Based Pay to Keep Research and Development Investments Secret?
Article first published online: 1 JUN 2011
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 4, pages 861–894, September 2011
How to Cite
ERKENS, D. H. (2011), Do Firms Use Time-Vested Stock-Based Pay to Keep Research and Development Investments Secret?. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 861–894. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2011.00418.x
- Issue published online: 18 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 1 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 27 APR 2011 10:56AM EST
- Received 3 August 2008; accepted 7 March 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!