We thank an anonymous reviewer, Reena Aggarwal, Michael Alles, Divya Anantharaman, Bill Baber, Yoel Beniluz, Randy Cepuch, Sandeep Dahiya, Hemang Desai, Patricia Fairfield, Vladimir Gatchev, Aloke Ghosh, Zhaoyang Gu, Carla Hayn, Li Jiang, Bjorn Jorgenson, Srinivasan Krishnamurthy, Carolyn Levine, Xiumin Martin, Korok Ray, Bharat Sarath, Jason Schloetzer, Douglas Skinner (the editor), Jake Thomas, Sheri Tice, Larry Weiss, Joanna Wu, and seminar participants at Georgetown University, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Rutgers University, SUNY Binghamton, Texas Christian University, University of Colorado at Boulder, University of Houston, University of Michigan, and the 2009 American Accounting Association annual meeting for their helpful comments on previous drafts. Valentin Dimitrov acknowledges the partial financial support received from the David K. Whitcomb Center for Research of Financial Services and the Boutellier Faculty Scholarship. Prem Jain acknowledges financial support from the McDonough Chair at Georgetown University.
It's Showtime: Do Managers Report Better News Before Annual Shareholder Meetings?
Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2011
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1193–1221, December 2011
How to Cite
DIMITROV, V. and JAIN, P. C. (2011), It's Showtime: Do Managers Report Better News Before Annual Shareholder Meetings?. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 1193–1221. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2011.00419.x
- Issue online: 17 OCT 2011
- Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 18 MAY 2011 01:28AM EST
- Received 5 January 2009; accepted 26 April 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!