We thank William Beaver, Maureen McNichols, Abbie Smith (editor), two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at Stanford University for comments and suggestions. We also thank the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals, The Rock Center for Corporate Governance, and the Corporate Governance Research Program at Stanford University for providing a portion of the data used in this paper. We thank John Johnson and Ravi Pillai for extensive programming help. Daniel Taylor gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Deloitte Foundation.
Corporate Governance and the Information Content of Insider Trades
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2011
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1249–1274, December 2011
How to Cite
JAGOLINZER, A. D., LARCKER, D. F. and TAYLOR, D. J. (2011), Corporate Governance and the Information Content of Insider Trades. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 1249–1274. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2011.00424.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 AUG 2011 07:19AM EST
- Received 6 February 2009; accepted 1 June 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!