We thank an anonymous reviewer, Doug Skinner (editor), Bill Baber, Bill Cready, Victoria Dickinson, Bjorn Jorgensen, Dawn Matsumoto, Jayanthi Sunder, Ro Verrecchia, and workshop participants at the 2008 American Accounting Association Annual Meeting, Cornell University, Georgetown University, Harvard Business School, London Business School, Northwestern University, the Stanford University Summer Camp, University of Colorado, University of Florida, University of Miami, University of Michigan, University of Minnesota, University of North Carolina, University of Pittsburgh, University of Texas at Dallas, and University of Washington for helpful comments and suggestions. We thank Maria Aguilar Paredes, Lyndsey Bunting, Jack Chen, Ashley Hamilton, Sammi Liu, and Josh Sandberg for research assistance. We are grateful for the funding of this research by the Wharton School and the Michael R. and Mary Kay Hallman Fellowship.
Conference Presentations and the Disclosure Milieu
Article first published online: 19 SEP 2011
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2011
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 49, Issue 5, pages 1163–1192, December 2011
How to Cite
BUSHEE, B. J., JUNG, M. J. and MILLER, G. S. (2011), Conference Presentations and the Disclosure Milieu. Journal of Accounting Research, 49: 1163–1192. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2011.00426.x
- Issue published online: 17 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 19 SEP 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 17 AUG 2011 08:00AM EST
- Received 4 September 2009; accepted 8 August 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!