The authors gratefully acknowledge the Key Developments data provided by Capital IQ, borrowed shares and rebate rates data provided by Dataexplorers, as well as the preliminary and Point-In-Time Compustat data provided by Charter Oak Investment Systems Inc. We thank Divya Anantharaman, Mary Billings, Mei Cheng, Edwige Cheynel, Richard Frankel, Christopher Jones, Andy Van Buskirk (discussant), and an anonymous referee for helpful comments and discussions. We also appreciate suggestions from workshop participants at the 2011 Journal of Accounting Research Conference, Finance and Accounting Conference at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, City University of Hong Kong, Columbia University, George Washington University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, University of Hong Kong, and University of Oulu.
Option Prices Leading Equity Prices: Do Option Traders Have an Information Advantage?
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 50, Issue 2, pages 401–432, May 2012
How to Cite
JIN, W., LIVNAT, J. and ZHANG, Y. (2012), Option Prices Leading Equity Prices: Do Option Traders Have an Information Advantage?. Journal of Accounting Research, 50: 401–432. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00439.x
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 20 JAN 2012 07:39AM EST
- Received 4 January 2011; accepted 5 January 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!