We thank Abbie Smith (Editor) and an anonymous referee for many insightful comments. We also thank Ken Binmore, Ron Dye, Michael Fishman, Frank Gigler, Jonathan Glover, Ilan Guttman, Milton Harris, Thomas Hemmer, Chandra Kanodia, Pierre Liang, Karen Nelson, K. Ramesh, Sri Sridharan, Dan Weiss, workshop participants at Carnegie Mellon University, Hebrew University, IDC, the University of Oklahoma, University of Minnesota, Rice University, and Texas A&M University for helpful comments and discussions. The second author, Nisan Langberg, would like to acknowledge the generous support and assistance of Tel Aviv University and financial support from the Henry Crown Institute of Business Research in Israel during the period in which work on the paper was done and while on leave from the University of Houston.
Voluntary Disclosures, Corporate Control, and Investment
Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 1041–1076, September 2012
How to Cite
KUMAR, P., LANGBERG, N. and SIVARAMAKRISHNAN, K. (2012), Voluntary Disclosures, Corporate Control, and Investment. Journal of Accounting Research, 50: 1041–1076. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00454.x
- Issue online: 23 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 APR 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 MAR 2012 02:20PM EST
- Received 22 November 2010; accepted 10 January 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!