We thank the editor, an anonymous referee, Paul Adler, Dennis Campbell, Willie Choi, James Detert, Bart Dierynck, David Erkens, Curtis Hall, Ayse Imrohoroglu, Steve Kachelmeier, Robert S. Kaplan, Simon Jonghwan Kim, F. Asis Martinez-Jerez, Ella Mae Matsumura, Ken Merchant, Kevin Murphy, Lamar Pierce, Mina Pizzini, Karen Sedatole, Lloyd Tanlu, Bill Tayler, Kristy Towry, Wim Van der Stede, Greg Waymire, Sally Widener, Michael Williamson, Alicia Yancy, Mark Young, Christopher Yust, and seminar participants at Claremont McKenna College, Emory University, Erasmus University, Harvard Business School, Southern Methodist University, University of Arizona, and University of Texas at Austin, as well as participants at the 2010 Management Accounting Section Meeting, the 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Accounting Association, and the 2011 International Symposium on Management Accounting for their helpful comments. We also thank the National Association of Convenience Stores for access to data. All errors remain our own.
Can Wages Buy Honesty? The Relationship Between Relative Wages and Employee Theft
Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 50, Issue 4, pages 967–1000, September 2012
How to Cite
CHEN, C. X. and SANDINO, T. (2012), Can Wages Buy Honesty? The Relationship Between Relative Wages and Employee Theft. Journal of Accounting Research, 50: 967–1000. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00456.x
- Issue published online: 23 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 11 MAY 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 2 APR 2012 03:23AM EST
- Received 1 September 2011; accepted 25 December 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!