Stanford University. Accepted by Haresh Sapra. We thank the editor, an anonymous referee, Jeremy Bertomeu, Madhav Rajan, Phil Stocken and seminar participants at the ESMT in Berlin, 2010 EAA meeting, Hebrew University, IDC Herzliya, London Business School, Ohio State University, Tel Aviv University, University of Alberta, University of Texas at Austin, the 2010 Utah Accounting Winter Conference, the Fifth Interdisciplinary Accounting Conference in Copenhagen, and the Fifth Annual Toronto Accounting Research Conference for helpful comments.
Voluntary Disclosure, Manipulation, and Real Effects
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1141–1177, December 2012
How to Cite
BEYER, A. and GUTTMAN, I. (2012), Voluntary Disclosure, Manipulation, and Real Effects. Journal of Accounting Research, 50: 1141–1177. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00459.x
- Issue online: 23 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 APR 2012 03:03AM EST
- Received 2 July 2010; accepted 22 March 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!