Accepted by Abbie Smith. I thank my dissertation committee members: Robert Libby (chair), Robert Bloomfield, Jay Russo, and Steven Schwager for their valuable guidance and advice. I also thank Chris Agoglia, Scott Asay, Sanjeev Bhojraj, Tim Brown, Brooke Elliott, Jeffrey Hales, Vicky Hoffman, Kevin Jackson, Karim Jamal, Steve Kachelmeier, Bill Kinney, Lisa Koonce, Tamara Lambert, Don Moser, Mark Nelson, Mark Peecher, David Piercey, Nick Seybert, Abbie Smith, Shankar Venkataraman, Michael Williamson, Holly Yang, an anonymous reviewer, and workshop participants at the University of Alberta, University of Chicago, Cornell University, Georgia Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, University of Iowa, University of Massachusetts–Amherst, University of Pittsburgh, and the University of Texas at Austin for helpful comments and discussions. I gratefully acknowledge financial support from Cornell University's Johnson Graduate School of Management, the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, and the Deloitte Foundation.
Processing Fluency and Investors’ Reactions to Disclosure Readability
Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 50, Issue 5, pages 1319–1354, December 2012
How to Cite
RENNEKAMP, K. (2012), Processing Fluency and Investors’ Reactions to Disclosure Readability. Journal of Accounting Research, 50: 1319–1354. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00460.x
- Issue published online: 23 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 6 JUN 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 MAY 2012 07:29AM EST
- Received 8 July 2011; accepted 9 January 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!