Accepted by Merle Erickson. We appreciate helpful suggestions from Orrie Barron, Jim Boatsman, Jenny Brown, Jeffrey Burks, Katharine Drake, David Farber, Paul Fischer, Jere Francis, Dan Givoly, Steve Huddart, Yuchang Hwang, Bin Ke, Inder Khurana, Petro Lisowsky, Michaele Morrow, Mark Peecher, Raynolde Pereira, Thomas Schaefer, Jim Seida, Theodore Sougiannis, an anonymous reviewer, and participants in the Spring 2009 University of Arizona Doctoral Tax Seminar. The paper has also benefited from the comments of workshop participants at the 2010 AAA Annual Meeting, Arizona State University, Penn State University, University of Kansas, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, University of Missouri, and University of Notre Dame.
The Information Content of Tax Expense for Firms Reporting Losses
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 135–164, March 2013
How to Cite
DHALIWAL, D. S., KAPLAN, S. E., LAUX, R. C. and WEISBROD, E. (2013), The Information Content of Tax Expense for Firms Reporting Losses. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 135–164. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00466.x
- Issue published online: 14 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 14 JUL 2012 12:14PM EST
- Received 22 June 2010; accepted 6 June 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!