Accepted by Abbie Smith. We thank an anonymous referee, Malcolm Baker, Murillo Campello, Lauren Cohen, Ben Esty, Paul Gompers, Paul Malatesta, Christopher Malloy, Paul McGuinness, Jeffrey Pontiff, Winnie Poon, Jeremy Stein, Michael Weisbach, Sonia Wong, Karen Zhang, and seminar participants at Lingnan University and the Hong Kong Institute for Business Studies for thoughtful discussions and suggestions. Firth, Lin, and Xuan gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Government of the HKSAR (CERG340309/CERG5403), the Chinese University of Hong Kong, and the Division of Research of the Harvard Business School, respectively.
The Client Is King: Do Mutual Fund Relationships Bias Analyst Recommendations?
Article first published online: 23 OCT 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 165–200, March 2013
How to Cite
FIRTH, M., LIN, C., LIU, P. and XUAN, Y. (2013), The Client Is King: Do Mutual Fund Relationships Bias Analyst Recommendations?. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 165–200. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00469.x
- Issue published online: 14 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 23 OCT 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 19 SEP 2012 12:21PM EST
- Received 16 August 2010; accepted 11 September 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!