Accepted by Abbie Smith. The authors are grateful for constructive suggestions and helpful comments from an anonymous reviewer, Yakov Amihud, Eli Amir, Itay Ater, Rajiv Banker, Avraham Beja, Jeffrey Callen, Gavin Cassar, Mustafa Ciftci, Bart Dierynck, Surya Janakiraman, Michael Maher, Raj Mashruwala, Robert Pindyck, K. Sivaramakrishnan, Avi Wohl, participants of the American Accounting Association (AAA) Annual Meetings, and the Management Accounting Section Midyear Meeting. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Henry Crown Institute of Business Research in Israel. Part of this research was performed during a visit to London Business School. An earlier version of this study was titled “Do Managers’ Deliberate Decisions Induce Sticky Costs?”
Do Earnings Targets and Managerial Incentives Affect Sticky Costs?
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
Copyright ©, University of Chicago on behalf of the Accounting Research Center, 2012
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 51, Issue 1, pages 201–224, March 2013
How to Cite
KAMA, I. and WEISS, D. (2013), Do Earnings Targets and Managerial Incentives Affect Sticky Costs?. Journal of Accounting Research, 51: 201–224. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679X.2012.00471.x
- Issue published online: 14 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Accepted manuscript online: 30 SEP 2012 06:54AM EST
- Received 25 January 2010; accepted 11 September 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!