We thank the Corporate Library for providing the director data for this study. We also thank Melissa Boyle for her capable research assistance and workshop participants at the 2004 American Accounting Association meeting, the 2004 Deloitte/KU Symposium on Auditing Problems, 2004 International Symposium on Audit Research, 2004 Journal of Accounting Research conference, The Ohio State University, University of California–Berkeley, University of British Columbia, University of Southern California, and Louisiana State University, as well as Qiang Cheng, Joe Carcello, Il-Horn Hann, Maria Nondorf, Abbie Smith (the editor), and an anonymous reviewer for their helpful comments.
Does the Market Value Financial Expertise on Audit Committees of Boards of Directors?
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2005
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 153–193, May 2005
How to Cite
DEFOND, M. L., HANN, R. N. and HU, X. (2005), Does the Market Value Financial Expertise on Audit Committees of Boards of Directors?. Journal of Accounting Research, 43: 153–193. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679x.2005.00166.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2005
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2005
- Received 5 January 2004; accepted 9 November 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!