We thank the Corporate Library for providing the director data for this study. We also thank Melissa Boyle for her capable research assistance and workshop participants at the 2004 American Accounting Association meeting, the 2004 Deloitte/KU Symposium on Auditing Problems, 2004 International Symposium on Audit Research, 2004 Journal of Accounting Research conference, The Ohio State University, University of California–Berkeley, University of British Columbia, University of Southern California, and Louisiana State University, as well as Qiang Cheng, Joe Carcello, Il-Horn Hann, Maria Nondorf, Abbie Smith (the editor), and an anonymous reviewer for their helpful comments.
Does the Market Value Financial Expertise on Audit Committees of Boards of Directors?
Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2005
Journal of Accounting Research
Volume 43, Issue 2, pages 153–193, May 2005
How to Cite
DEFOND, M. L., HANN, R. N. and HU, X. (2005), Does the Market Value Financial Expertise on Audit Committees of Boards of Directors?. Journal of Accounting Research, 43: 153–193. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-679x.2005.00166.x
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2005
- Version of Record online: 24 FEB 2005
- Received 5 January 2004; accepted 9 November 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!