This article was previously circulated under the title “Does Privatization Lead to Institutional Change?” We appreciate the helpful comments and suggestions offered by Susan Christoffersen, Sylvain Dessy, Georges Dionne, Klaus Fischer, Jayant R. Kale (the editor), Naveen Khanna, Claude Laurin, Omrane Guedhami, Enrico Perotti, and an anonymous reviewer on previous versions. We also received valuable insights from seminar participants at HEC Montréal, the 2005 Northern Finance Association Conference, the 2005 CIRPÉE Conference, the 2006 Financial Management Association European Conference, and the 2006 Academy of International Business Conference. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and Le Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture.
DOES PRIVATIZATION FOSTER CHANGES IN THE QUALITY OF LEGAL INSTITUTIONS?
Article first published online: 12 JUN 2009
© 2009 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association
Journal of Financial Research
Volume 32, Issue 2, pages 169–197, Summer 2009
How to Cite
Boubakri, N., Cosset, J.-C. and Smaoui, H. (2009), DOES PRIVATIZATION FOSTER CHANGES IN THE QUALITY OF LEGAL INSTITUTIONS?. Journal of Financial Research, 32: 169–197. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6803.2009.01247.x
- Issue published online: 12 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 12 JUN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!