We thank Kai Li (the referee), Jayant Kale (the editor), R. David Mclean, Roy Wiggins III, workshop participants at Bentley University, and seminar participants at the 2008 European Financial Management Association conference and the 2008 Financial Management Association Conference for their insightful comments. We would also like to thank the Center for Business Ethics at Bentley University for their financial support. Both authors acknowledge support from Bentley University summer research grant. We are grateful for Jiawei Zhang's excellent research assistance.
BACKDATING AND DIRECTOR INCENTIVES: MONEY OR REPUTATION?
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2009
© 2009 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association
Journal of Financial Research
Volume 32, Issue 4, pages 449–477, Winter 2009
How to Cite
Minnick, K. and Zhao, M. (2009), BACKDATING AND DIRECTOR INCENTIVES: MONEY OR REPUTATION?. Journal of Financial Research, 32: 449–477. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6803.2009.01257.x
- Issue published online: 16 NOV 2009
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!