We are indebted to Gerald Gay (the editor) and the anonymous referee, whose comments and suggestions significantly improved the paper. We would also like to thank Yacine Ait-Sahalia, Gary Caton, Charles Cao, Kalok Chan, Fangjian Fu, Bruce Grundy, Louis Ederington, Lobos Pástor, Krishna Ramaswamy, Robert Stambaugh, Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, Marti Subrahmanyam, and Chu Zhang, as well as participants at the 2006 Singapore Management University summer camp and the 2006 China International Conference in Finance. Special thanks to Justin Chan for helping constructing the liquidity measures. We are grateful to the Office for Research of Singapore Management University for financial support. We are solely responsible for any remaining errors.
EXPECTED VOLATILITY, UNEXPECTED VOLATILITY, AND THE CROSS-SECTION OF STOCK RETURNS
Article first published online: 14 JUN 2010
© 2010 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association
Journal of Financial Research
Volume 33, Issue 2, pages 103–123, Summer 2010
How to Cite
Chua, C. T., Goh, J. and Zhang, Z. (2010), EXPECTED VOLATILITY, UNEXPECTED VOLATILITY, AND THE CROSS-SECTION OF STOCK RETURNS. Journal of Financial Research, 33: 103–123. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6803.2010.01264.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 14 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!