We appreciate the helpful comments and suggestions offered by Maria Boutchkova, Mara Faccio, Omrane Guedhami, Claude Laurin, Yan Li, William L. Megginson, Magali Valero, Dazhi Zheng, the editors Gerald Gay and Jayant Kale, an anonymous reviewer, and seminar participants at Massey University, the University of Canterbury, IESEG School of Management, Erasmus University, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School, Universidade Catolica Portuguesa, St. George's University, and the American University of Beirut. Our research has also benefited from comments from participants at the 2008 Australasian Finance and Banking Conference in Sydney, Australia; the 2008 European International Business Academy Meeting in Tallinn, Estonia; the 2009 Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting in Washington, DC; and the 2009 Midwest Finance Association Meeting in Chicago, Illinois. We are grateful to Mara Faccio for sharing data. We are indebted to Eleonara Axelova and Samira Lehlou for excellent research assistance. All errors remain our responsibility. The financial support of the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, le Fonds Québécois de la Recherche sur la Société et la Culture, and le Centre de Recherche en e-Finance (HEC Montreal) is gratefully acknowledged.
THE IMPACT OF POLITICAL CONNECTIONS ON FIRMS’ OPERATING PERFORMANCE AND FINANCING DECISIONS
Article first published online: 13 SEP 2012
© 2012 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association
Journal of Financial Research
Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 397–423, Fall 2012
How to Cite
Boubakri, N., Cosset, J.-C. and Saffar, W. (2012), THE IMPACT OF POLITICAL CONNECTIONS ON FIRMS’ OPERATING PERFORMANCE AND FINANCING DECISIONS. Journal of Financial Research, 35: 397–423. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6803.2012.01322.x
- Issue published online: 13 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 13 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!