We are grateful to Hsuan-Chi Chen, Jie He, Ronald Masulis, Dennis Sheehan, and conference participants at the 2009 Financial Management Association annual meeting and 2009 Eastern Finance Association annual meeting for their helpful comments. We also thank Scott Hein, Jayant Kale, Jeff Mercer, and Drew Winters (editors) and an anonymous referee, whose insightful comments and suggestions have greatly improved the paper. Hong Qian acknowledges the financial support from Faculty Research Fellowship at Oakland University. Zhaodong (Ken) Zhong appreciates the support from the David Whitcomb Center for Research in Financial Services at the Rutgers Business School.
SEASONED EQUITY ISSUERS’ R&D INVESTMENTS: SIGNALING OR OVEROPTIMISM
Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
© 2012 The Southern Finance Association and the Southwestern Finance Association
Journal of Financial Research
Volume 35, Issue 4, pages 553–580, Winter 2012
How to Cite
Qian, H., Zhong, K. and Zhong, Z. (2012), SEASONED EQUITY ISSUERS’ R&D INVESTMENTS: SIGNALING OR OVEROPTIMISM. Journal of Financial Research, 35: 553–580. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6803.2012.01328.x
- Issue online: 13 DEC 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!