The research was supported in part by grants to the first author from the National Science Foundation (DBS-9307949) and the National Institute of Mental Health (RO1–MH51964). We want to especially acknowledge Larry Kurdek, who discussed with us several issues while we were writing this article and who provided very helpful feedback on an earlier draft. Cynthia Mohr, Lynn Winquist, Josephine Korchmaros, Mark Attridge, and Niall Bolger also offered useful comments on an earlier draft. We thank Linda K. Acitelli for generously allowing us to use her data. Finally, this research also used the American Couples, 1975–1978, data set (made available in 1992, machine-readable data files). These data were collected by Pepper Schwartz and Philip Blumstein and donated to the archive of the Henry A. Murray Research Center of Radcliffe College, 10 Garden Street, Cambridge, MA (Producer and Distributor).
Partner effects in relationship research: Conceptual issues, analytic difficulties, and illustrations
Article first published online: 20 MAY 2005
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 433–448, December 1999
How to Cite
KENNY, D. A. and COOK, W. (1999), Partner effects in relationship research: Conceptual issues, analytic difficulties, and illustrations. Personal Relationships, 6: 433–448. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.1999.tb00202.x
- Issue published online: 20 MAY 2005
- Article first published online: 20 MAY 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!