Richard B. Slatcher, Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles; Simine Vazire, Department of Psychology, Washington University in St. Louis; James W. Pennebaker, Department of Psychology, The University of Texas at Austin.
Am “I” more important than “we”? Couples’ word use in instant messages
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008 IARR
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 407–424, December 2008
How to Cite
SLATCHER, R. B., VAZIRE, S. and PENNEBAKER, J. W. (2008), Am “I” more important than “we”? Couples’ word use in instant messages. Personal Relationships, 15: 407–424. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2008.00207.x
A grant from the National Institutes of Health (MH52391) funded portions of this research. We would like to thank Andrew Lupo, Anne Marshall, and Janna Miller for their assistance with data collection; Tessa West for her assistance with analyses; and Benjamin Karney and Theodore Robles for their helpful comments on earlier drafts of this article.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!