Stacey L. Williams, Department of Psychology, East Tennessee State University; Kristin D. Mickelson, Department of Psychology, Kent State University.
A paradox of support seeking and rejection among the stigmatized
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008 IARR
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 493–509, December 2008
How to Cite
WILLIAMS, S. L. and MICKELSON, K. D. (2008), A paradox of support seeking and rejection among the stigmatized. Personal Relationships, 15: 493–509. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2008.00212.x
We thank Dr. Rodolfo Mendoza-Denton for his comments on an early draft. Study 2 was supported by Geis Memorial Dissertation funds awarded to the first author by Division 35 of the American Psychological Association.
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!