Benjamin Le, Department of Psychology, Haverford College; Timothy J. Loving, Department of Human Ecology, The University of Texas at Austin; Gary W. Lewandowski Jr., Department of Psychology, Monmouth University; Emily G. Feinberg, Katherine C. Johnson, Remy Fiorentino, and Jennifer Ing, Department of Psychology, Haverford College.
Missing a romantic partner: A prototype analysis
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
© 2008 IARR
Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 511–532, December 2008
How to Cite
LE, B., LOVING, T. J., LEWANDOWSKI, G. W., FEINBERG, E. G., JOHNSON, K. C., FIORENTINO, R. and ING, J. (2008), Missing a romantic partner: A prototype analysis. Personal Relationships, 15: 511–532. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2008.00213.x
Emily G. Feinberg is now at the University of Maryland.
We thank the Howard Hughes Medical Institute for supporting Study 3 by funding the last author via Haverford College’s Multicultural Scholars Program, and the Center for the Study of Long Distance Relationships for supporting Study 5 through a JF Milne Publications Research Grant awarded to the first two authors. We thank Meg Quill, Lisa Porricelli, and Sam Adams for their assistance with Studies 1 and 2. We also thank Erin Crockett for her helpful comments on an earlier version of this manuscript. Portions of this research were presented at the 1st biannual meeting of the International Association for Relationship Research (IARR) in Madison, Wisconsin (Studies 1 and 2), and the 2nd biannual IARR meeting in Crete, Greece (Studies 3–5).
- Issue published online: 3 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!