Sara B. Algoe, Department of Psychology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Shelly L. Gable, Department of Psychology, University of California, Santa Barbara; Natalya C. Maisel, Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles.
It's the little things: Everyday gratitude as a booster shot for romantic relationships
Article first published online: 21 MAY 2010
Copyright © 2010 IARR
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 217–233, June 2010
How to Cite
ALGOE, S. B., GABLE, S. L. and MAISEL, N. C. (2010), It's the little things: Everyday gratitude as a booster shot for romantic relationships. Personal Relationships, 17: 217–233. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2010.01273.x
This work was supported by a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biobehavioral Issues in Physical and Mental Health (T32 MH15750) to the first author, CAREER Grant BCS 0444129 from the National Science Foundation to the second author, and the third author was supported by the UCLA/NSF Interdisciplinary Relationships Science Program. We appreciate the help of the team of research assistants who facilitated the data collection on this project, which included Melissa David, Randi Garcia, Grace Huang, Nicole Legate, Melody Madanipour, and Justine Nguyen. In addition, the first author is grateful for the chance to have several thought-provoking conversations with Margaret Clark about gratitude and communal relationships and would like to thank Barbara Fredrickson and members of her Positive Emotions and Psychophysiology Lab (aka PEPLab) at UNC for early feedback on this manuscript.
- Issue published online: 21 MAY 2010
- Article first published online: 21 MAY 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!