Benjamin Le, Department of Psychology, Haverford College; Natalie L. Dove, Department of Psychology, Eastern Michigan University; Christopher R. Agnew, Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University; Miriam S. Korn, Department of Psychology, Haverford College; Amelia A. Mutso, Department of Psychology, Haverford College.
Predicting nonmarital romantic relationship dissolution: A meta-analytic synthesis
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 IARR
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 377–390, September 2010
How to Cite
LE, B., DOVE, N. L., AGNEW, C. R., KORN, M. S. and MUTSO, A. A. (2010), Predicting nonmarital romantic relationship dissolution: A meta-analytic synthesis. Personal Relationships, 17: 377–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2010.01285.x
The authors thank Michael Halenar, Jennifer Ing, Lorna Quandt, and Stephanie Fineman at the Haverford College for their help in gathering, managing, and coding the papers included in the analyses. This work was supported by faculty research support funds from the Haverford College to the first author. Portions of these analyses in progress were presented at the 2006 biannual meeting of the International Association for Relationship Research (IARR) held in Rethymnon, Crete, Greece; the 2007 annual meeting of the Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) held in Memphis, Tennessee; and the 2007 annual meeting of the Eastern Psychological Association (EPA) held in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Margaret Clark served as the guest editor for this manuscript.
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2010
This article has been cited by:
- 2Association between Commitment, Positive and Negative Affects, and Depression in Romantic Relationships, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2014, 113, 124,
- 5Extradyadic Involvement and Relationship Dissolution in Heterosexual Women University Students, Archives of Sexual Behavior, 2014, 43, 3, 531, , , ,
- 6Family Idealization Explains the Effect Between Family Religiousness and Youth Psychological Functioning, Journal of Child and Family Studies, 2014,, , ,
- 9Validating the Measurement of Components of Commitment in a Portuguese Sample, Social Indicators Research, 2014,, ,
- 10Workplace Self-Expansion: Implications for Job Satisfaction, Commitment, Self-Concept Clarity, and Self-Esteem Among the Employed and Unemployed, Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 2014, 36, 1, 59, , , ,
- 11A Dimensional Approach to Characterizing On-Again/Off-Again Romantic Relationships, Interpersona: An International Journal on Personal Relationships, 2013, 7, 2, 196, , , ,
- 13Humor in Long-Term Romantic Relationships: The Association of General Humor Styles and Relationship-Specific Functions with Relationship Satisfaction, Western Journal of Communication, 2013, 77, 3, 272,
- 14Personality Traits, Interpersonal Identity, and Relationship Stability: Longitudinal Linkages in Late Adolescence and Young Adulthood, Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 2013, 42, 11, 1661, , , , , ,
- You have free access to this content16
- 19Relationship Commitment and Perceptions of Harm to Self, Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 2011, 33, 4, 322, ,