Nickola C. Overall, Department of Psychology, University of Auckland, New Zealand; Garth J. O. Fletcher, Department of Psychology, University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
Perceiving regulation from intimate partners: Reflected appraisal and self-regulation processes in close relationships
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2010
Copyright © 2010 IARR
Volume 17, Issue 3, pages 433–456, September 2010
How to Cite
OVERALL, N. C. and FLETCHER, G. J. O. (2010), Perceiving regulation from intimate partners: Reflected appraisal and self-regulation processes in close relationships. Personal Relationships, 17: 433–456. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2010.01286.x
This research was supported by UARC Grant 3607021. We thank Sivai Faingataa, Sophie Lightfoot-Neale, Josephine Ogle, David Pirie, and Anna Westman for their assistance with data collection.
- Issue published online: 1 SEP 2010
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2010
This article has been cited by:
- 2The development of adolescent self-regulation: Reviewing the role of parent, peer, friend, and romantic relationships, Journal of Adolescence, 2014, 37, 4, 433, ,
- 4Perceptions of partner drinking problems, regulation strategies and relationship outcomes, Addictive Behaviors, 2013, 38, 12, 2949, , ,
- 5Problematic alcohol use and marital distress: An interdependence theory perspective, Addiction Research & Theory, 2013, 1, , ,