Carrie A. Bredow and Ted L. Huston, Department of Human Development and Family Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin; Norval D. Glenn, Department of Sociology, The University of Texas at Austin.
Market value, quality of the pool of potential mates, and singles' confidence about marrying
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2010
Copyright © 2010 IARR
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 39–57, March 2011
How to Cite
BREDOW, C. A., HUSTON, T. L. and GLENN, N. D. (2011), Market value, quality of the pool of potential mates, and singles' confidence about marrying. Personal Relationships, 18: 39–57. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2010.01302.x
This study was supported in part by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. The research reported in this article is part of the first author's master's thesis, and portions of this research were presented at the biannual meeting of the International Association for Relationship Research in Providence, RI, and the annual meeting of the National Council on Family Relations in Pittsburgh, PA. We would like to thank committee members Ed Anderson and Tim Loving for their helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank Alison Bentley, Erin Crockett, and Suzanne Fanger for their comments on an earlier version of this article.
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!