Rebecca T. Pinkus, School of Psychology, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, Australia; Penelope Lockwood, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Tara C. Marshall, Department of Psychology, Brunel University, London, UK; Hyea Min Yoon, Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Responses to comparisons in romantic relationships: Empathy, shared fate, and contrast
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2011
Copyright © 2011 IARR
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 182–201, March 2012
How to Cite
PINKUS, R. T., LOCKWOOD, P., MARSHALL, T. C. and YOON, H. M. (2012), Responses to comparisons in romantic relationships: Empathy, shared fate, and contrast. Personal Relationships, 19: 182–201. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2011.01347.x
This research was supported by a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) Doctoral Fellowship to the first author, and a SSHRC Research Grant to the second author. We thank Christine Cabral, KaiTing Chang, Kim Chuong, HeeJoo Lim, and Laura Quick for their assistance with data collection. Portions of this article were presented at the annual conference of the Australian Psychological Society's Psychology of Relationships Interest Group in Brisbane, Australia, in November 2010.
- Issue published online: 1 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!