Jennifer S. Priem, School of Human Ecology, University of Texas at Austin; Denise H. Solomon, Department of Communication Arts & Sciences, Pennsylvania State University.
Relational uncertainty and cortisol responses to hurtful and supportive messages from a dating partner
Version of Record online: 25 APR 2011
Copyright © 2011 IARR
Special Issue: Mind–Body Connections in Personal Relationships Guest Editor: Timothy J. Loving
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 198–223, June 2011
How to Cite
PRIEM, J. S. and SOLOMON, D. H. (2011), Relational uncertainty and cortisol responses to hurtful and supportive messages from a dating partner. Personal Relationships, 18: 198–223. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2011.01353.x
The study was supported by National Institutes of Health Grant M01 RR 10732 awarded to J.S.P. The services provided by the General Clinical Research Center of The Pennsylvania State University are appreciated. The authors are grateful to Rachel M. McLaren, who collaborated in the implementation of Study 1. The studies reported were conducted as part of J.S.P.'s dissertation, completed under the direction of D.H.S. Data from Study 1 also contributed to Priem, McLaren, and Solomon (2010, Communication Research, 37, 48–72).
- Issue online: 18 MAY 2011
- Version of Record online: 25 APR 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!