Doug P. VanderLaan and Paul L. Vasey, Department of Psychology, University of Lethbridge.
Relationship status and elevated avuncularity in Samoan fa’afafine
Article first published online: 23 MAY 2011
Copyright © 2011 IARR
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 326–339, June 2012
How to Cite
VANDERLAAN, D. P. and VASEY, P. L. (2012), Relationship status and elevated avuncularity in Samoan fa’afafine. Personal Relationships, 19: 326–339. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-6811.2011.01364.x
Various stages of this research were supported by the University of Lethbridge, by a NSERC of Canada Graduate Scholarship-D3, a Sigma Xi, Grant in Aid of Research, and a Ralph Steinhauer Award of Distinction to DPV as well as by a NSERC of Canada Discovery Grant to PLV. The authors wish to thank Resitara Apa, Nancy Bartlett, Peniamina Tolovaa Fagai, Vester Fido Collins, Liulauulu Faaleolea Ah Fook, Vaasatia Poloma Komiti, Anita Latai, Tyrone Laurenson, Fang Fang Li, Gaualofa Matalavea, Nella Tavita-Levy, Palanitina Toelupe, Trisha Tuiloma, Avalogo Togi A. Tunupopo, John Vokey, Erin Zelinski, the Kuka family of Savai'i, the National University of Samoa, the Samoan AIDS Foundation, the National University of Samoa, the Government of Samoa, the Editor, and three anonymous referees. We are grateful to all the individuals who agreed to participate in our study. We extend special thanks to Alatina Ioelu without whose help this study would not have been possible.
- Issue published online: 23 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 23 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!