Parts of this article have been adapted from Communes: Creating and Managing the Collective Life, New York: Harper and Row, 1973. Barry Stein and Bennett Berger provided helpful comments on this paper.
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2007
Volume 43, Issue 3-4, pages 263–290, July 1973
How to Cite
KANTER, R. M. (1973), Utopian Communities. Sociological Inquiry, 43: 263–290. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.1973.tb00010.x
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!