The authors wish to acknowledge: the stimulating ideas of Robert A. Jones, University of Illinois, who initially directed our attention to the need to reevaluate the controversy; the assistance of Walter O. Joyce, Pace College, in the early stages of our inquiry; the helpful suggestions of Andrew Effrat, Victor Lidz, and Anthony Oberschall; and the cooperation of Judith A. Schiff and Marjorie G. Wynne, Yale University Library.
The Summer-Porter Controversy at Yale: Pre-Paradigmatic Sociology and Institutional Crisis*
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Volume 46, Issue 1, pages 41–49, January 1976
How to Cite
HEYL, J. D. and HEYL, B. S. (1976), The Summer-Porter Controversy at Yale: Pre-Paradigmatic Sociology and Institutional Crisis. Sociological Inquiry, 46: 41–49. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.1976.tb00747.x
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!