Note: Transcription symbols follow those developed by Gail Jefferson, and are explained in the Appendix to this special issue. The coding of gaze, head nods, and similar phenomena is explained in the text.
Restarts, Pauses, and the Achievement of a State of Mutual Gaze at Turn-Beginning
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Volume 50, Issue 3-4, pages 272–302, July 1980
How to Cite
Goodwin, C. (1980), Restarts, Pauses, and the Achievement of a State of Mutual Gaze at Turn-Beginning. Sociological Inquiry, 50: 272–302. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.1980.tb00023.x
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!