A shorter version of this article was presented as a paper at the Ninetieth Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association in Washington, DC, August 19–23, 1995, as part of a special session entitled “Technologically Generated Communities”.
Shifting Worlds of Strangers: Medium Theory and Changes in “Them” Versus “Us”*
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Volume 67, Issue 1, pages 59–71, January 1997
How to Cite
Meyrowitz, J. (1997), Shifting Worlds of Strangers: Medium Theory and Changes in “Them” Versus “Us”. Sociological Inquiry, 67: 59–71. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.1997.tb00429.x
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2007
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!