The author thanks Mike Stern and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments. She appreciates the support of faculty and staff at the University of Illinois-Chicago for making this study possible, namely, Mary Case, Ann Feldman, Tom Moss, and Karen Mossberger. Additionally, she thanks the following people for their assistance with data collection and entry: Waleeta Canon, Gina Walejko, Soo An, Dan Li, and the group of undergraduate research assistants in the Web Use Project group during the 2006–2007 academic year. She is very grateful for the generous support of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation through its Digital Media and Learning initiative. She is also indebted to the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University, the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University, and The Lenore Annenberg and Wallis Annenberg Fellowship in Communication. She thanks the support offered by Northwestern University’s Research Grants Committee, the School of Communication Innovation Fund, and the Department of Communication Studies Research Fund. Please direct correspondence to Eszter Hargittai, Communication Studies Department, Northwestern University, 2240 Campus Dr., Evanston, IL 60208, USA; e-mail: email@example.com
Digital Na(t)ives? Variation in Internet Skills and Uses among Members of the “Net Generation”*
Article first published online: 21 JAN 2010
© 2010 Alpha Kappa Delta
Volume 80, Issue 1, pages 92–113, February 2010
How to Cite
Hargittai, E. (2010), Digital Na(t)ives? Variation in Internet Skills and Uses among Members of the “Net Generation”. Sociological Inquiry, 80: 92–113. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.2009.00317.x
- Issue published online: 21 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 21 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!