In developing this paper, the authors have benefitted from intellectual exchange with Jonathan Turner, Jerald Hage, Robert Dubin, Philip “Boo” Riley, Laura Nichols, Harry Johnson, Andrew Sofranko, Michael Klausner, and Alasdair Marshall. We are particularly grateful to the journal’s anonymous reviewers for their detailed and insightful comments. Please direct correspondence to: Charles Powers, Santa Clara University, Sociology Department, 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053, USA; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing Parsons: Evidence from an Organizational Subunit and Implications for Structural Functional Theorizing*
Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
© 2011 Alpha Kappa Delta
Volume 82, Issue 1, pages 100–122, February 2012
How to Cite
Powers, C. H. and Fernandez, M. (2012), Testing Parsons: Evidence from an Organizational Subunit and Implications for Structural Functional Theorizing. Sociological Inquiry, 82: 100–122. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.2011.00397.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 26 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!