The author would like to thank Chad Goldberg, Joe Soss, Jonathan Zeitlin, Anne Kaufman, and the participants at the 11th Annual Georgetown University BMW Center for German and European Studies Graduate Student Conference for helpful comments on earlier drafts of this article. Please direct correspondence to: Carly Elizabeth Schall, Department of Sociology, Vanderbilt University; tel.: 615-322-7626; fax: 615-322-7505; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the Problem of European Citizenship a Problem of Social Citizenship? Social Policy, Federalism, and Democracy in the EU and United States*
Article first published online: 17 JAN 2012
© 2012 Alpha Kappa Delta
Volume 82, Issue 1, pages 123–144, February 2012
How to Cite
Schall, C. E. (2012), Is the Problem of European Citizenship a Problem of Social Citizenship? Social Policy, Federalism, and Democracy in the EU and United States. Sociological Inquiry, 82: 123–144. doi: 10.1111/j.1475-682X.2011.00401.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 17 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!